Knowledge Base

Animal bite

If a WILD animal bites you, identify and isolate the animal that bit you (if possible).

Report the bite to the Montclair Animal Control at 862-621-9113 so that the biting animal can be properly quarantined.

Immediately wash out the wound with plenty of soap and water and contact your physician.

If a DOMESTIC animal bites you, get the owner's name and contact number so Animal Control can contact the owner to make sure the animal is current on its rabies vaccination.

Contact Montclair Animal Control at 862-621-9113 so we can arrive at scene to get report of the incident and speak to owners of all animals involved.

It is preferred that all parties remain at the scene until ACO's arrival. 

Updated 8/21/2022 9:43 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!